Sunday, April 12, 2009

All talk and no play never takes you too far

Talk about following your dreams! Caught up with an old friend of mine while back after a good couple of years. I remember talking to her and her telling me how unhappy she is with her current job and she is meant to do somthing better. Something she has her heart in.
She had an artist's flair to her and wanted to go for a course at the National Institure of Design - probably the most reputed design school out there. But, something seemed to hold her back. I don't know - lucre, self confidence, doubt or just plain luck. That was when I last heard of her.
Today she proudly announced that she was in Bangalore. In NID! Everything apart, she is an inspiration for morons like me who blabber about following your heart and stuff. This is the real deal. Somebody actually took the plunge! Someone actually followed their dreams. And am proud (and envious, in a good way) of her. :)

No comments: